Provider Access To Epic
EpicCare Link is the secure Web-based portal that connects OSU Medical Center with affiliated providers in the community. With approved access, providers, their office staff and regional hospitals can use EpicCare Link to access select information stored in the Epic system about referred or admitted patients.
EpicCare Link replaces the use of e-forms that were utilized by affiliated physician offices and provides affiliated providers with the following:
- read-only access to patients’ medical information stored in the OSU Medical Center Epic system; this is to include lab, imaging and test results, hospital admission and discharge information, consultation notes and orders placed by physicians during a patient’s hospitalization or emergency room visit;
- the ability to request referrals and electronically submit patient documents to the system;
- the capability to order outpatient diagnostic procedures and tests with results available in real time, and;
- access to clinical documentation to verify client billing for coding and charge reconciliation.
Affiliated providers that can be granted access to EpicCare Link include:
- Referring providers
- Referred-to providers
- Contract providers
- Office support staff
- Office access is easy to set up and there is no software or hardware to maintain.
- New sites: Request access
- Existing sites: Please contact the OSU Helpdesk at 918-599-4009 and ask to speak with the EpicCare Link team.
Should you have any questions, please contact the OSUMC Epic team via email or call us at 918-599-4009.
Epic is OSU Medical Center’s patient-centered electronic health record (EHR) that provides a single medical record for each patient across all care settings. This system helps to enhance clinical care, safety and quality by documenting patient information anywhere that health data is generated. This creates a comprehensive electronic health record no matter where the patient seeks care within the health system.