FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
All the answers, all in one place—take a look at some of the most common questions we get at OSUMC.
- What is the MyChart Portal and how can it help me?
- The MyChart Portal offers the patients of Oklahoma State University Medical Center secure electronic access to portions of their medical record. Our MyChart Portal is available 24/7 and can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection. It can help you answer questions like: “What are my lab results?” “Which doctor treated me during my stay?” and many more!
THE MYCHART PORTAL PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- View, download or transmit a “Continuity of Care Document” or Patient Health Summary
- Review new appointments and see details for upcoming visits
- See laboratory results, radiology reports and other test results
- View allergies and conditions
- View selected health information (allergies, medications, current problems, past medical history, etc.)
- Track immunizations and other health maintenance items
- Review active home medications
- Reference visit history, including discharge instructions
- Access billing information
- Review your demographic information (i.e. address, phone numbers, etc.). Your information can be updated in our records when you next visit our hospital.
- Who can use the MyChart Portal?
- Any active or past patient of the Oklahoma State University Medical Center is eligible to register for and use the MyChart Portal.
- Is there a fee to use the MyChart Portal?
- No. The MyChart Portal is provided as a courtesy to you and its use is optional. While some hospitals may charge for this service, we are focused on providing the highest level of service and health care.
- Is the Portal secure? Who can see my patient portal?
- The MyChart portal uses encryption (security measures) to keep unauthorized persons from reading communications, information or reports. Secure messages and information can be read only by someone who knows the correct Login ID and Password to log on to the portal site. Your patient portal may be accessed by any users that you have authorized with proxy access. Your information is extremely secure. The information on the MyChart Portal is merely a snapshot of your medical record, not the actual record. The snapshot is maintained on a secure server.
- I received a phone call asking for my OSUMC MyChart Portal Login ID and Password. What should I do?
- Our hospital personnel will never contact you for your Login ID and Password. If you received a phone call from anyone asking for your MyChart Portal username and password, please contact us immediately. You can contact OSU Medical Center’s Medical Records Department @ 918-599-5211 during normal business hours Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. After hours you may leave a message through our MyChart Portal “Contact Us” link – Please include your name and contact number so that an OSU Medical Center representative may contact you on the next business day.
- What software / hardware do I need to access the MyChart Portal?
- This patient portal is web-based and works with all major Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox and Safari.
- Does the MyChart Portal comply with accessibility standards?
- I think my Patient Portal account has been compromised (i.e. someone else has accessed my account). What should I do?
- Call our hospital immediately at 918-599-5211 and we will disable your Patient Portal account. If you would like to continue to use the Patient Portal, we can issue you a new username and password at your next visit to the hospital (the information will only be given in person, not by phone or email).