If you have ever visited a hospital or been a patient, you know how reassuring it is to receive a smile, hear words of encouragement or simply be given directions to the right location. OSU Medical Center volunteers give of their time each week to provide comforting moments like these to patients and their visitors. By joining our volunteer group, you receive the satisfaction of helping others, continued learning and the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life … and your own. Please join the team dedicated to making OSUMC a premier provider of health care services. Your service is needed! Other benefits include:
- Complimentary meal in the OSUMC cafeteria (for a four-hour or longer shift)
- Free parking
- Discount at the gift shop
- Free annual flu vaccination
Opportunities to Consider A variety of opportunities are available throughout the medical center. Some positions require the volunteer to be especially mobile, while other positions are predominantly sitting.
- Information Attendant & Way Finder – Greet visitors to the hospital, provide patient room information, give directions and escort visitors to their destination.
- Waiting Room Liaison – Update and provide patient information to waiting family and friends.
- Emergency Room Host – Provide a presence of calm to visitors and assist staff in a variety of tasks.
- Clerical Support – Provide general office assistance to various departments.
Volunteer Requirements Volunteers are a diverse group of people ranging in age from 18 years and up.
- Arrange an interview by calling Volunteer Services at 918-599-5056.
- Complete a Volunteer Application and return it to Volunteer Services.
- Complete a background screening and reference check.
- Receive a tuberculosis skin test. Two weeks later a second test is administered (provided by OSUMC).
- Submit evidence of laboratory test showing immunity to rubeola (measles), rubella (German measles) and varicella (chicken pox). Immunization record, documentation of titer or physician-diagnosed documentation is acceptable.
- Take a drug test.
- Once accepted, attend volunteer orientation. Additional training in assigned area may be necessary.
- The process takes a few weeks before an assignment is made. Volunteers purchase a uniform and materials.
Please Join Us! Make the choice to become an OSUMC Volunteer, please contact:
744 West 9th Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74127